The term ‘Club’ will refer to Aylesbury Tennis and Squash Club (ATSC), County Ground, Wendover, Aylesbury HP21 9NJ. For the purposes of Data Protection Legislation, the Controller is ‘Club’.
What do we collect?
We may collect the following types of Personal Data;
- Contact and communications information including your name, address, delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- An indication of your age as required to determine your category of membership
- Financial information, including direct debit details
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Club facilities).
We may also collect personal data about you from telephone conversations, e-mails and written and verbal communications.
How do we collect your Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data in a few ways, namely;
- Directly from you when completing an application for membership, when you make enquiries via our Club website, when you provide information via the Clubs management software or court booking system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (e.g. when you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or coaching).
- From someone else who has applied for a membership on your behalf. (e.g. a family member or your coach)
- From the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) or England Squash (ES) (e.g. where the LTA or ES passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about the Club).
How we use your personal data
- Administration of your Club membership, including:
- Informing you about court / facilities opening hours;
- Communication with you regarding team tennis or squash;
- Taking payment of membership fees;
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
- Administration in any ballot you choose to enter;
- Research and statistical analysis about court usage at the Club;
- Communication about the Clubs activities that we think may be of interest to you, including social events;
- Storing your details on the software platform we use to facilitate our online Club member management database, court booking system and fob entry system.;
- Promoting the Club and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses and organisers of events) where we think this will be of interest to you;
Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of our third parties), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Protection of junior members (under 18 years of age)
In the interest of Junior Members (U18), we require the Personal Data, including contact and financial information held in respect of junior members to be those of a parent or guardian. No Personal Data, including images relating to junior members, will be shared with any other Club members or third parties without the prior informed consent of a parent or guardian. Exceptions to this will be regarding the age of the junior in relation to membership status and entry into tournaments / competitions.
We will always respect your wishes in respect to the type of communications you want to receive from us and how you receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. Examples of these service communications are:
Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or direct debit confirmations
Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings, information about venue closures and holiday opening hours and information about team and social events organised by the Club.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and or contact details by contacting us at:
Post: Data Protection Officer, ATSC, Wendover Rd, Aylesbury, HP21 9NJ
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your Personal Data for other organisations to use other than set out below:
Personal Data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary;
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled.
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, any provider of membership management services, including the supplier of our membership management database.
How long your information is kept
We keep your Personal Data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Club membership. Some Personal Data may be kept for up to 6 years for purposes such as accounting and tax reporting.
Changes in policy
We may change our privacy and security policies at any time. Changes to the policy will be notified via the Club webpage. Should you wish to reread our current policy please go to the Club website.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a Data Subject Access Request).
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Request deletion of your Personal Data.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data.
- Request a restriction of the processing of your Personal data.
- Request transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
Post: Chairman, ATSC, Wendover Road, Aylesbury HP21 9NJ
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your Personal Data, you can make a compliant to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable Data Protection Legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk