British Tennis Membership
British Tennis Membership is FREE to members of the tennis club.
Membership offers a number of benefits including:
- Entry into our club’s BTM Wimbledon Ballot
- The opportunity to book into the BTM exclusive suites at Wimbledon
- An AEGON British Tennis Rating
- Monthly e-newsletter and access to the Member’s only area of website to help track and manage your tennis
- Discounts on tickets at number of international events other exclusive offers
To read about the full benefits or to sign up to British Tennis Membership visit: www.lta.org.uk
The Wimbledon Championships are held at the All England Club in Wimbledon during the last week of June and first week of July.
The tennis club is provided an allocation of tickets by the LTA. This is based upon the amount of member’s who “Op-In” on the LTA website – the more people who “Opt-In” the more tickets we get. These tickets are then distributed to members by way of a ballot.
The ballot for 2017 is Friday 21st April 2017 @ 8pm in the clubhouse. For the results, please see the club tennis board.
What is Clubmark and why is it important?
By achieving the nationally recognised Clubmark status, it means that the LTA has approved and supports the programmes that we run and further approve the standards, policies and procedures that we have in place both on and off court.
The LTA believes that it is paramount to achieve high standards in these areas to ensure that our club is managed effectively and that we also provide a safe environment for our junior members to enjoy and play tennis. Achieving Tennis Clubmark shows that our Club programmes, policies and procedures are all in line with best practice.
What does Clubmark mean for our club?
Gaining Clubmark is a huge positive for our club and makes us one of the few clubs in the area, even Scotland to gain this prestigious approval from the LTA. Having Tennis Clubmark status will help us in other ways too:
- By encouraging and attracting young players to become tennis members we will ensure a strong future.
- By providing opportunities for everyone and giving parents the peace of mind that they have chosen a club whose practices and standards have been approved by the LTA.
- By having a management committee and a Club General Manager, including a Head Coach and coaching team, we will serve to continuously seek out new opportunities to further improve the services offered by the club to its membership.
- By increasing our profile with listing on a national database and in other directories we will attract new members
- By having access to funding; many external funding bodies now stipulate that clubs they work with must have Clubmark
As well as being a quality accreditation for our policies, procedures and club management it means that we are actively delivering appropriate tennis opportunities to players of all abilities, providing regular competitive programmes (especially for juniors), ensuring the well-being of young tennis players, empowering players to enjoy tennis, perform to the best of their ability and that we are identifying and supporting the development of the most talented tennis players.
The background behind Clubmark
Clubmark was introduced in 2002 by Sport England and was designed to:
- Develop a set of common criteria to ensure that consistent best practice and minimum operating standards are delivered in accredited clubs whatever the sport.
- Empower parents and when choosing a club for their children.
- Ensure that Clubmark accredited clubs are recognised.
- Provide a forum to support good practice in sports clubs working with children and young people.
Clubmark is currently being implemented across 24 sports. Each National Governing Body administers its own version of Clubmark (including standardised criteria) and the overall programme is supported by Sport England. Tennis Clubmark is the LTA’s quality accreditation endorsement for clubs. It has been built on the standard Clubmark criteria and customised to ensure that it is relevant to tennis.
LTA Information on clubmark: https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/